Subject: Re: Next Step-Help
To: NetBSD Amiga <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
List: amiga
Date: 07/08/1995 10:56:30
    Hi N.,

you wrote in <95Jul7.174208edt.336548@gpu.utcc.utoronto.ca>:
>   0: What compiler is it that every one is using and where can I get it.

It's the good old gcc 2.4.5, and you should already have it.

>   1: Will I have enough HD space with 250M ?

If you want to use -current you should have all sources. This requires
120M for the sources and another 80MB to be able to compile them.

>   2: I keep seeing reference to "sup" files. What are they?

SUP is a network protocoll for updating software collections e.g.
the NetBSD-current souces.

>   3: Is there an FAQ to guide me in installing/using compiler.

If you installed 1.0 you have the compiler. Use "man gcc" to get
the instructions.

--
Matthias Scheler
tron@lyssa.owl.de