Subject: Re: Problems with current kernels..
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: Rasmus Wiman <razz@lysator.liu.se>
List: amiga
Date: 07/05/1995 11:48:20
On Tue, 4 Jul 1995, Matthias Scheler wrote:

> > Please don't tell me to recompile all the  binaries, ...
>
> That is THE sollution. -current is NO user release, it is beta. If you can't
> deal with it don't use it.

I know it's a solution, but can you tell me how to fit the sources on a
156 MB /usr partition?

> Maybe you can grab a binary snapshot and install it. But AFAIK there is no
> binary snapshot which works with really current (>=950602) kernel sources.

I guess it should work, it's just that i have to get it home on floppy
disks, so i prefer knowing what parts are most important! AFAIK some
parts of the source haven't changed since 1.0, all patches i had made to
the 1.0 kernal did work without modification on -current!

       	                Rasmus  Wiman
                   THE LAST SURFER IN HELL

razz@lysator.liu.se (Preferred)
rasmus_wiman@augs.se (also possible)