Subject: Re: identd looping?
To: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@lagavulin.pdl.cs.cmu.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 06/25/1995 18:18:25
>   I just noticed this yesterday.  Identd had been working previously (as
> long as it was looking at the netbsd image that was actually running).
> This was with May 31 kernel sources, as I have not updated my working
> kernel sources to later versions yet.  As far as I can tell, I haven't
> changed anything that should affect this, so I'm not sure what is
> wrong.  My log file shows that it seemed to be working on June 20 and
> June 22, but failed on June 24.

Enough kernel data structures changed that i had to seriously whack
identd to make it compile.

I thus whacked it (and even tested the result; other hosts were able
to get ident information when i sent out mail), but i could believe
that it's broken...

i suggest you investigate by installing a non-stripped version of
identd, causing something to make and ident request, then 'attach'ing
to it with GDB and see what it's doing...

chris