Subject: Re: identd looping?
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@teeri.jmp.fi>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 06/25/1995 10:59:38
On Jun 25,  1:31pm, Jukka Marin wrote:
> On 1.0, identd seems to work properly.  On -current (the June snapshot),
> inetd says:
> Jun 25 13:15:09 silakka inetd[85]: /usr/libexec/identd: exit signal 0xa
> Jun 25 13:27:36 silakka last message repeated 195 times
> Jun 25 13:27:37 silakka inetd[85]: ident/tcp server failing (looping), service terminated
>
> I tried the 1.0 binary and it behaves the same.  I compared the inetd.conf
> files and they look the same.
>
> What's the problem? :-o

  I just noticed this yesterday.  Identd had been working previously (as
long as it was looking at the netbsd image that was actually running).
This was with May 31 kernel sources, as I have not updated my working
kernel sources to later versions yet.  As far as I can tell, I haven't
changed anything that should affect this, so I'm not sure what is
wrong.  My log file shows that it seemed to be working on June 20 and
June 22, but failed on June 24.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu