Subject: Amiga floppy drives?
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Leslie Schaefer <2schaefe@informatik.uni-hamburg.de>
List: amiga
Date: 06/20/1995 16:04:44
Hi people,

(how does one address an unknown number of unknown people on a world wide
broadcast system?)

I have the problem of never having seen an Amiga before and having been asked
to install NetBSD on one.  As I've had few problems installing the i386 version
I don't expect many problems - only the diskette drives confuse me.

The owner of the A3000 claims to have a double density floppy - is that the
IBM 720kB capacity?  The distributions all seem to be in 901120 Byte chunks
leading me to think that either I'm a little obtuse or the Amiga uses some
special drive - are there differing sizes? Does one need a specific
(minimum) size?

I'd much appreciate help
Les
( 2schaefe@informatik.uni-hamburg.de  or  schaefer@certlich.cert.dfn.de )