Subject: Re: virtual consoles
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <thieleke@icaen.uiowa.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 06/19/1995 21:47:50
> 	I've seen what I believe are called "virtual consoles" on FreeBSD and
> Linux for the PC. Its when you press alt and an Fkey to get a new login prompt
> and I was wondering how to get it to work for NetBSD-1.0. Is it something to
> do with /etc/ttys? If someone has them working could they share the info?
> It'd be very handy - thanx.

There isn't support for virtual consoles, but there is something better -
a program called Screen.  Screen gives you as many different screens (or
virtual consoles, if you will) as you want, a scrollback buffer, and cut &
paste capabilities, among other features.

There is a binary (version 3.06.00) on regensburg, or you can compile the
latest version (3.06.02) for youself.  The source is at
ftp://prep.ai.mit.edu:/pub/gnu

---
Jeff Thieleke
thieleke@icaen.uiowa.edu