Subject: Configure problems
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michale Worley <michale@pln.com>
List: amiga
Date: 06/16/1995 16:16:06
After 37 installations of NETBSD, ya would think I have it down perfect!
Unfortuanatly, I have NEVER ran into this problem.

OK  I install NETBSD just fine.  Extract the files as per docs and everything
is hunky dorky...  I get to configure and type in my site.name (mud.pln.com)
and my domain.name (pln.com).  I get a BEEEP and it says:

--
WARNING: There exists a default sendmail.cf that may have to be tuned and/or
replaced for this to work on your system!

OK  I press on..  I get to the end of the Configure process and it says:

--
Making device nodes. (this may take a while).....
--

Then I IMMEDIATLY receive the following message:

--
MAKEDEV: 243: Syntax error: Bad substitution
--

I have NO idea what this means or where I went wrong and several experts on
#netbsd or #amigager have no clue as well.

Here is what I have tried...

I have tried different Hard Drives..  Different Computers..  I have FTPed the
base10 etc etc files at LEAST half a dozen times..  I always get the same
crap.  :^(  I am truly losing what is left of my mind.

My system is an A2000 w/ a 2091 and a Derringer 030 @50 mhz and 8 MEGS RAM.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...

| michale@pln.com            /| FREE ACCESS for TELNETers    |
| NorthWest INTERNET        /|         mud.pln.com           |
| *50 ports*  *INTERNET*   /|            pln.com             |