Subject: NetBSD->AmiTCP+NFS
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: T H Pineapple <thp@cix.compulink.co.uk>
List: amiga
Date: 06/14/1995 12:05:00
<Newbie-delurk ;->

The hardware: A3k+1gigSCSI+4Mfast+A2065ethernet+NetBSD1.0(meetingpearls2)

with supporting cast of

A3k+5gigSCSI+8Mfast+DAT+A2065ethernet+oktagon+sunrize16+7CDjukebox(&tc,&tc)

with the rest of the office LAN waiting in the wings to be hooked up...

I'm using the ISO9660+ethernet version of the kernel from
uni-regensburg <the meetingpearls copy seemed to be corrupt>, and as
far as I can work out <from looking at sites using NetBSD with NFS>
/etc/exports is okay, the exported paths are okay, and we've got
nfsiod's and nfsd going on startup.  Using AmiTCP4.x-demo with the
ch_nfsmount tools on the other A3k.  Here's the crunchomatic:

We can mount the Unix side, create files/dirs, move/delete files
around the remote drive.  Try to copy any data *across* the link <as
opposed to just changing the file structure> and we get zero bytes in
the created file.  <This is true for either direction>.  I suspect
file permissions or GID/UID weirdshit, but I'm stumped so far.  The
exported directory has ugo+rwx, so it should be okay in theory.

Suggestions of biod <block i/o daemon> not being up made sense, but
NetBSD doesn't seem to use much that's standard according to
O'Reilley's NFS/NIS book.  <Suspect it's the NetBSD side, but I don't
have any other hardware <ie PC NFS clients> to test with yet, and I
don't wanna spend lots if it no worky.  Like, baaad.>

<I figured I'd join & post here, as the Unix/Net/Amiga mindset would
be strongest here and nobody else I know is using NetBSD on a
LAN...;->

THP. <Steev IRL>

<Almathera NetSurf / CD cutter.  We do CD-ROM stuff 'n Photogenics
stuff, if you didn't already know.  'n NetBSD stuff, well almost ;->