Subject: Problems compiling -current
To: NetBSD list <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@teeri.jmp.fi>
List: amiga
Date: 06/13/1995 17:50:18
Hi,

I downloaded the 950428 binary snapshot and 950417 include.tar.gz and
installed a new system from scratch.

Then I downloaded the source tarballs from ftp.iastate.edu yesterday
(dated in June) and tried to compile the GENERIC kernel with no
modifications in the source or the configuration file.

Make stops with the following error messages:

ld -x -n -T 0 -o netbsd -e start $(SYSTEM_OBJ) vers.o

copy.o: Undefined symbol: '_mappedcopysize' referenced from text segment
copy.o: Undefined symbol: '_mappedcopyin' referenced from text segment
copy.o: Undefined symbol: '_mappedcopysize' referenced from text segment
copy.o: Undefined symbol: '_mappedcopyout' referenced from text segment

I'm using gcc 2.4.5 and running a generic 950428 kernel.

--

Another question: Obviously, the ed (Hydra) driver in the generic 950428
kernel is broken.  I was hoping to compile the most recent source to get

Thanks for any help,

  -jm

--

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin <---