Subject: telnet
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <SULEWSKIJ@delphi.com>
List: amiga
Date: 06/08/1995 00:10:35
I was talking to Henric and he was good enough to try and help me.  But
we are stumped with my problem.

I have two netbsd machines linked together through a null modem. I
successfully established a ppp connection.  I have no problem with ping
i can even use the remote shell command to run the other machines programs.
However, I can't rlogin, telnet or ftp to either machine.  It get the
login prompt and a password prompt.  One the user is accepted it say's
Joe LOGIN refused at this Terminal.

Does anybody know why that happens?  What security device or missing
configuration stops people from logging in to other computers.

But like I said, it will get past the login and password, it just won't
allow you to get past that point.

Joe Sulewski