Subject: /sbin vanished!
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Colin Dalton <csdalton@alf2.tcd.ie>
List: amiga
Date: 05/26/1995 14:53:30
Hi,

I am rapidly aproaching the end of my tether. I left the computer for about
30 mins, compiling xrn. WHen I arrived back, the machine was in ADOS. When I
tried to reboot into NetBSD, it paniced, saying it couldn't find init.

Sure enough, when I mounted up the partition with BFFS, /sbin was empty.

I then decided to install a minimal set up, enough to let me at my /usr and
other partitions, so I got base10 and installed it. How{owever, it won't boot -
is this because I didn't install etc10.aa too?

Also, the boot floppy is refusing to work. I got it to boot once, but now it
just stops with
panic: cannot mount root
Stopped at 0x81428  unlk  a6

The floppy drive works fine, and I have re-written the inst-10.fs about four
times, still it won't work.

Help!

--
Colin Dalton