Subject: Re: New kernel (May 24) messes up 'ps'?
To: Jeffrey Ray Thieleke <thieleke@icaen.uiowa.edu>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 05/24/1995 21:51:13
On May 24, 10:18pm, Jeffrey Ray Thieleke wrote:
> I just compiled the latest -current kernel (May 24), and found it messed
> up the 'ps' command.
> picabo% ps auw
> USER       PID %CPU %MEM   VSZ  RSS TT  STAT STARTED       TIME COMMAND
> thieleke    97  0.0  0.0   384  680 e0  IWs   9:55PM    0:02.75
> \r\M^?\M^?t (tcsh)
> All of those \r's and \M's are actually what I see, not a typo.
>
> When using my previous kernal (May 2-ish) and the same setup, everything
> is fine.
>
> Any clues on what is going wrong, or should I just be happy with my old
> kernel?

  I believe the argument strings mechanism has been changed, so the kvm
routines that locate the command line arguments need to be recompiled.
In the case of ps, I think you need to rebuild libkvm, install the
updated library, and rebuild ps.

  There was an article posted to current-users recently that mentioned
something about this change.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu