Subject: sigsetjmp, and siglongjmp where are they?
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Arthur Hoffmann <hoffmann@it.ntu.edu.au>
List: amiga
Date: 05/10/1995 22:51:14
Hi,
I seem to have a bad day today.
I wanted to compile elm, and everyting compiled fine, but it didn't
link, the errors are as follows:

editmsg.o: Undefined symbol `_siglongjmp' referenced from text segment
editmsg.o: Undefined symbol `_sigsetjmp' referenced from text segment
in_utils.o: Undefined symbol `_sigsetjmp' referenced from text segment
signals.o: Undefined symbol `_siglongjmp' referenced from text segment
signals.o: Undefined symbol `_siglongjmp' referenced from text segment
signals.o: Undefined symbol `_siglongjmp' referenced from text segment
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

The other package was postgres95, that came up with :

gcc -g  -o obj/postgres obj/ACCESS.o obj/BOOTSTRAP.o obj/COMMANDS.o
obj/EXECUTOR.o obj/MAIN.o obj/MISC.o obj/NODES.o obj/PARSER.o
obj/OPTIMIZER.o obj/REWRITE.o obj/STORAGE.o obj/TCOP.o obj/UTILS.o
-ll -lm
/build/postgres95/src/backend/bootstrap/bootstrap.c:323: Undefined
symbol `_sigsetjmp' referenced from text segment
/build/postgres95/src/backend/tcop/postgres.c:654: Undefined symbol
`_siglongjmp' referenced from text segment
/build/postgres95/src/backend/tcop/postgres.c:1134: Undefined symbol
`_sigsetjmp' referenced from text segment
gmake[1]: *** [postgres] Error 1

Seems as if this is needed again.

I  did find this in the includes:

root@atze(55)$ grep sigsetjmp /usr/include/*
/usr/include/setjmp.h:int       sigsetjmp __P((sigjmp_buf, int));
root@atze(56)$

I included this file in the source and recompiled the appropriate .o
files, but the errors remained.

What am I doing wrong here?

Arthur.

__