Subject: Re: Posting a snapshot to netbsd.org
To: Stephen Champion <steve@herb.kuru.com>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@LAGAVULIN.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: amiga
Date: 05/09/1995 11:36:11
> 	Unfortunately, amiga/ is a softlink, not a tree, and
> therefore seemingly excludes amiga specific binaries.

"look before you leap."

4 [sun-lamp] amiga % pwd
/a/anon_ftp/pub/NetBSD/arch/amiga
5 [sun-lamp] amiga % ls
snapshot/       utils/

no, there's a directory there all right.

> 		I sincerely doubt that there will ever be a NetBSD CD
> that has any packages that aren't for -i386.  The Amiga CD that
> included NetBSD packages was made from uni-regensburg archives.

Actually, could you send me (privately) contact information for the
people who made that CD?  I _need_ to get in touch with them.

> [ ways to get NetBSD/Amiga files on ftp.netbsd.org ]  The easiest
> answer is for sun-lamp to adopt the present NetBSD-Amiga tree.

Of course, that's also the _wrong_ solution.

> The only advantage to
> be gained from modifying it is to split it into amiga/ and m68k8k/.

Which is a _very_ big advantage.

cgd