Subject: A2232 users?
To: NetBSD list <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jukka Marin <>
List: amiga
Date: 05/01/1995 17:27:09

I have rewritten the A2232 driver (big modifications to the C code
written by Zik Saleeba <> and a 99% rewrite
of the 65C02 code).

I'm looking for one or two persons who would like to beta-test the new
driver.  It is not finished yet, but I'm using one of the ports now
and is appears to work properly.

New features:

 - freely distributable (I hope!)

 - controls the RTS handshake signal (-> no data should ever get lost
   when using hardware handshaking)

 - better performance of the 65C02 code (-> higher baud rates should be

I plan to add support for accelerated A2232's as well (capable of
communicating at 38400 bps).

The driver is 1.0 compatible (I don't know about -current) and I have
tested it on A3000/25 with 10 megs of RAM.

If you're interested and able to compile your own kernel, please e-mail.

  Jukka Marin

                     ---> <---