Subject: Re: ncftp > 1.8.1 anyone?
To: Jeffrey Ray Thieleke <thieleke@icaen.uiowa.edu>
From: Chris A. Mattingly <Chris_Mattingly@ncsu.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 04/28/1995 07:04:57
> > I've linked ncftp 2.0.4 and lynx 2-3-7 w/ ncurses 1.8.5.2 and they
> > both function just fine.
>
> If you could upload your working NCurses, we could all see that for
> ourselves!  =)

I will, but note that they are for -current.

> > > NcFTP is up to version 1.9.4 now.  You can get the source at
> > > typhoon.unl.edu.
> >
> > I think you meant 2.0.4?
>
> No, I meant 1.9.4 - I was refering to the latest non-2.x version.  I'm
> sure some people like 2.0.4, but I can't stand it.

Why not?  You can make 2.0.x behave just as 1.9.x if you so desire.  There
are some things that are different, but everything else is an improvement.
(And if you don't like the emacs/irc look to it, you never have to see that
if you don't want to. :)

> > I'll upload the ncftp 2.0.4 binary (static and dynamic) along with the
> > ncurses package (gonna ship the terminfo stuff with it too) to regensburg
> > by the end of the week.  (Hopefully tonight [Thursday])
>
> Great (for the ncurses, not ncftp 2.0.4)!  *grin*

-Chris
--
Chris Mattingly       | My views are not necessarily those of my employers
camattin@eos.ncsu.edu |