Subject: Re: ncftp > 1.8.1 anyone?
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeffrey Ray Thieleke <thieleke@icaen.uiowa.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 04/27/1995 00:47:41
> I have been trying to get ncftp 2.0.4 compiled for quite a while, but
> always had trouble with ncures. Now that this is fixed with version
> 1.9.0c of ncurses an old problem I had since version 1.8.1 cropped up
> again.

The problem is with NCurses (even 1.9.0c).  Until someone is able to
compile it to run well on NetBSD, you'll have to use normal curses.

> Btw. This is using term, the latest version (term-2.3.5).
> I'm running NetBSD-Amiga1.0A current. (built last on easter)
>
> I would use ncftp1.8.1, but unfortunateley I haven't got the souce
> code for it anymore and I updated term afterwards, so I lost the
> apropriate libtermnet. i.e. I haven't got any (nc)ftp that ftps
> directly into my machine :(

NcFTP is up to version 1.9.4 now.  You can get the source at
typhoon.unl.edu.

Also, you might want to dump Term in favor of SLiRP.  SLiRP is a sort of
combination of TIA and Term - it provides a psudeo-(C)SLIP link, as well
as port redirection.  And best of all, it is based on the BSD 4.4
networking code!  =)  And you do not have to "Termify" software - since
it provides an almost real SLIP connection, software like NcFTP will work
right out of the box.

You can get SLiRP at freedom.wit.com:/misc4/danjo/slirp

Jeff Thieleke