Subject: Re: ncftp > 1.8.1 anyone?
To: Jeffrey Ray Thieleke <thieleke@icaen.uiowa.edu>
From: Chris A. Mattingly <Chris_Mattingly@ncsu.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 04/27/1995 13:55:39
> > I have been trying to get ncftp 2.0.4 compiled for quite a while, but
> > always had trouble with ncures. Now that this is fixed with version
> > 1.9.0c of ncurses an old problem I had since version 1.8.1 cropped up
> > again.
>
> The problem is with NCurses (even 1.9.0c).  Until someone is able to
> compile it to run well on NetBSD, you'll have to use normal curses.

I've linked ncftp 2.0.4 and lynx 2-3-7 w/ ncurses 1.8.5.2 and they
both function just fine.

> > Btw. This is using term, the latest version (term-2.3.5).
> > I'm running NetBSD-Amiga1.0A current. (built last on easter)
> >
> > I would use ncftp1.8.1, but unfortunateley I haven't got the souce
> > code for it anymore and I updated term afterwards, so I lost the
> > apropriate libtermnet. i.e. I haven't got any (nc)ftp that ftps
> > directly into my machine :(
>
> NcFTP is up to version 1.9.4 now.  You can get the source at
> typhoon.unl.edu.

I think you meant 2.0.4?

I'll upload the ncftp 2.0.4 binary (static and dynamic) along with the
ncurses package (gonna ship the terminfo stuff with it too) to regensburg
by the end of the week.  (Hopefully tonight [Thursday])

-Chris
--
Chris Mattingly       | My views are not necessarily those of my employers
camattin@eos.ncsu.edu |