Subject: Re: -current kernel
To: NetBSD Amiga <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
List: amiga
Date: 04/21/1995 00:59:42
    Hi Michael,

you wrote in <9504181436.AA05584@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>:
> That's because your fsck doesn't know anything about setting the clean
> flag. You need to build an updated version of fsck that will set the flag.

BTW how do I get the clean flag set on a reboot?
Even if I use "shutdown -h +1" or "shutdown -r +1" and logout I only get
a clean filesystem during the next boot in 1 of 5 cases(*).

An idling SPARCStation running Sun-OS 4.1.3 will even recognizes its
FileSystem as stable after a power failure.

(*) Yes, I compiled and installed "/usr/src/sbin" including "fsck".

--
Matthias Scheler
tron@lyssa.owl.de