Subject: Re: INN setup question...
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl>
List: amiga
Date: 04/20/1995 20:58:36
> By what I understand you want the following: a NNTP-server that has some
> (local, popular) groups on its own disk and which will fetch other groups by
> forwarding the NNTP-requests to some other server, sort of a NNTP-proxy.
>
> Well, I do not have such a system, but if anyone can make some smart
> suggestions on how to set this up (or even a pure NNTP-proxy?), I'd like to
> hear, too.

Sorry, no help here, just more idle thought...

Another thing along these lines would be a caching NNTP server. It would
forward requests for articles, and then keep a copy so that subsequent
requests could be satisfied faster and more efficiently. Such a thing
would automatically only use disk space for newsgroups that are actually
read, and it would adjust automatically.

I think if anybody made this it could be quite popular...

-Olaf.
--
HAVE *YOU* EXPORTED A CRYPTO SYSTEM TODAY? --> http://dcs.ex.ac.uk/~aba/x.html