Subject: adduser/deluser
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG, netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
List: amiga
Date: 04/18/1995 02:07:33
Several people have asked me for my adduser-script which I used when I
still had dusk up on the net. Well, these times have passed, but
finally I got my hands on dusk again and here is my adduser- and my
deluser-script.

Please note that this has only been testet with perl4, no promises for
perl5 (I'm under AmigaOS right now, can't check :->).

Things you might want to change:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

adduser:
        $DEFAULT_GROUP="guest";         # What group people should get in
        $MIN_UID=1000;                  # Lowest possible uid
        $MAX_UID=9000;                  # Highest UID, <32765
        $HOMEBASE="/home/dusk";         # Where people's homes are

deluser:
        $HOMEBASE="/home/dusk";         # Where people's homes are

There's also a usage-description at the head of each file, please
check this out. If you want to keep people's location in your
passwd-file rather than their email-address, just give it instead, as
this is just copied into the passwd's appropriate field. :)

Have fun!

        Hubert

P.S.: Almost forgot: if you want to provide your users with some
      startup-files (.cshrc, ...), copy them to /etc/skel.

P.S. #2: It's in ftp.uni-regensburg.de:/pub/NetBSD-Amiga/incoming right now,
         when I find some time I'll move it over to .../contrib.

P.S. #3: No warranty for anything. :)

--
      Weekdays: Rennerstr. 19, D-93053 Regensburg, Tel. 0941/943-2455