Subject: Re: building netbsd-1.0 world
To: Arlo T. Moran <>
From: Michael L. Hitch <>
List: amiga
Date: 04/03/1995 13:04:44
On Apr  3,  9:43am, "Arlo T. Moran" wrote:
> I've had similar problems.  I haven't attempted to rebuild until after I
> had already updated to -current; even now I'm only interested in
> rebuilding the kernel.  There doesn't appear to be a kernel: option in
> the -current Makefile, however.  I have gotten the Make to the point

  Of course not - how is the Makefile supposed to know what kernel you
are trying to build?  (Or even which architecture for that matter?).

> configs.  If and when you successfully rebuild the kernel, could you be
> kind enough to forward me the procedure?

  Kernels are compiled by running on the approporiate config
file in the sys/arch/*/conf directory, and running make in the
sys/arch/*/compile/<config-name> directory.

Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:
Computer Consultant
Office of Systems and Computing Services