Subject: Re: No login on NetBSD boot up
To: Tim Berry <tim@nimbus.ip.portal.com>
From: Joern Clausen <joern@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga
Date: 03/27/1995 09:22:12
> Everythings been running fine until I installed the Retina Z2 card.
> I boot up with loadbsd -a netbsd, it does its system checks as it boots
> with no apparent problem but stops short just before the login prompt.
> It doesn't really seem to hang up, I mean it will echo back any typing.
> It just doesn't take any input. The last line that it outputs is the
> date and that the security level changed from 0 to 1 also that the
> host domain has init. The installation was done verbatim from the install
> notes.

The Retina has its own terminal-device. Maybe you have set the appropriate
entry in /etc/ttytab (I think) to off. It is usually set on, and when you
have no Retina board, you get every now and then some warnings on the
console, so may have switched it off. Take a look at the file, set the
terminal on if necessary, and maybe everything will work.

--
Joern Clausen                        "What do you think will be the biggest
joern@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE        problem in computing in the 90s?"