Subject: Re: NetBSD (fwd)
To: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
From: Arlo T. Moran <atmoran@jupiter.acs.oakland.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 03/23/1995 13:34:23
On Thu, 23 Mar 1995, Michael L. Hitch wrote:

>   Ftp should work, but I don't think the install floppy has PPP support
> (it should have SLIP though).

Hmm.  I don't think my hosts allow SLIP anymore, but I'll give it a
shot.  BTW is there info somewhere on setting up the SLIP connection?
Doesn't seem to cover that in the install text.

> "crunched" into a single executable, with links to all the different command
> names.  The entire install disk needs to be rebuilt, and it can no longer
> be rebuilt to fit on an 880K floppy.  I have sucessfully created a 1760K
> floppy image (good only if you have a high-density drive), and have used
> a modified kernel to boot that image from the hard disk swap area.  [The
> kernel has a mini-root capability, where the 1st 2MB of the swap partition
> is reserved for a root file system.  I copied the install floppy to that
> partition using dcp on AmigaDOS and booted from the swap partition.  I had
> to fix a bug in the kernel to get this to work on my system, but that bug
> hasn't been fixed in the current sources.]

Bad news.  I guess that option's out.  Maybe someone can make a
rawwrite-type command which will write directly to the HD partition.
What is dcp?

Thanks for all your help.  I hope I will be successful.  I never thought
I would be foiled by clock circuitry! :(

Arlo T. Moran
atmoran@oakland.edu