Subject: Re: What's up with Uni-R?
To: Netbsd-Amiga List <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alan Kelm <kelm@aix1.uottawa.ca>
List: amiga
Date: 03/16/1995 15:34:19
Stephen Champion wrote:

>I can usually get 1K/s when ftp-ing.  Over the last 2 weeks, I've
>had alot of trouble - I've had horrible delays, often causing a lost
>connection.  Has anyone had similar trouble?  Is there a particular
>reason ftp.uni-regensburg has been so slow?

I've noticed severe problems with ftp.uni-regensburg.de over the last 2
or 3 weeks.  If I cd to .../NetBSD-Amiga/experimental  and then do a "dir",
it usually takes several minutes,  and quite often returns nothing.

It seems to be a load problem,  since if I try it in late evening or
early morning (EST),  I can usually get through,  albeit the transfer
rates are well below 1K/sec.   None of these problems occured before
February.   I also find that ftp.luth.se  is far more responsive.

-Alan

:  Alan Kelm                                           kelm@aix1.uottawa.ca  :
:  Department of Mathematics and Statistics,  University of Ottawa,  Canada. :