Subject: Re: Octagon Hardware/25 lines
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 03/11/1995 10:13:10
On Mar 11, 11:57am, David Jones wrote:
> > A friend of mine is looking into buying an a200 with
> > octagon hardware for running netbsd on (it also has
> > a 86030/882 card in it). But unfortunately,
> > interested in buying one. Is there any possibililty
> > to run netbsd on that hardware and in a non-interlace
> > mode? (e.g. not 80 by 50, but 80 by 25, emulating
> > a true vt220?)
>
> Yes.  I set this up once for a demo.  If I can find the patches, I'll
> post them.

  Just use iteconfig to set the display height to 200.  That will use
the non-interlaced NTSC display (and a height of 256 should give a
non-interlaced PAL display - but with a 32 line display).  The kernel
source can also be modified to make that the default (or the kernel
image itself can be binpatched).

  On another note, I don't think anyone has written a driver for the
Octagon SCSI.  I don't remember if I've seen which SCSI chip the Octagon
uses. If it uses one of the chips that NetBSD currently supports,
getting it to work as a simple programmed I/O driver should be
relatively easy if the information about addressing the SCSI chip is
available or can be determined.

Michael