Subject: Re: Octagon Hardware/25 lines
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Jones <>
List: amiga
Date: 03/11/1995 11:57:13
> A friend of mine is looking into buying an a200 with
One of C='s older models?

> octagon hardware for running netbsd on (it also has
> a 86030/882 card in it). But unfortunately,
That's Motorola's top secret 030 variant that also hardware emulates
Intel 8086 instructions, right?

> interested in buying one. Is there any possibililty
> to run netbsd on that hardware and in a non-interlace
> mode? (e.g. not 80 by 50, but 80 by 25, emulating
> a true vt220?)

Yes.  I set this up once for a demo.  If I can find the patches, I'll
post them.

David Jones, M.A.Sc student, Electronics Group (VLSI), University of Toronto
           email:, finger for PGP public key
         For a good time, telnet and log in as `guest'.
          Click me!