Subject: Re: netbsd Panic caused by remote restores
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: 'Most Excellent' Eric Mehlhaff <mehlhaff@crl.com>
List: amiga
Date: 03/08/1995 19:49:54
As a followup, I've found that this panic doesn't happen when I specify
a block size to restore.  ( i.e. 'restore ivbf /dev/nrst0 1000' on the amiga
or 'restore ivbf amiga:/dev/nrst0 1000' on the sun).  The panic DOES
happen when I try to run restore without specifying a block size from the
amiga itself -- this isn't a problem caused by my sparc, it's in netbsd
itself.
So I can get by without causing panics, but having your computer crash when
someone tries to use restore's default options is still not a good thing.   :-)

 Eric Mehlhaff, mehlhaff@crl.com