Subject: Re: WARNING: possible ed0 problem
To: NetBSD Amiga <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
List: amiga
Date: 03/01/1995 21:56:33
    Hi David,

you wrote in <95Mar1.100414est.38@picton.eecg.toronto.edu>:
> I cmp'ed by hand one of the files that was "in error".  Sometimes it cmp'ed
> clean, sometimes there were discrepancies (in different places each
> time).

I don't believe in a problem with the ethernet driver. A transfered X11 via
network to another host running NetBSD and there were no problems.

Several people downloaded the 1.0 binary distribution on a programmer meeting
via NFS from my host and they had no problem to "gunzip" it.

I suppose you have a harddisk problem. Are you using e.g. an A4000 with
an A2091? If so try to disable DMA via "binpatch"(*). A friend of mine
had problems with reading archives from his CD-ROM until he disabled
DMA.

(*) Don't ask me how that works. I have a Fastlane.

--
Matthias Scheler
tron@lyssa.owl.de