Subject: INSTALL problems
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: William D. Simpson <>
List: amiga
Date: 02/21/1995 09:57:52
From: (William D. Simpson)
Newsgroups: comp.unix.amiga
Subject: Still Need HELP
Date: 21 Feb 1995 08:46:58 -0500

    With trying twice the NetBSD install, at the point where I should get:

"There should be only one error in this section
of the installation.  It will look like so:

                newfs: ioctl (WDINFO): Invalid argument
                newfs: /dev/rsd0a: can't rewrite disk label"

...I get:

newfs: /dev/ra: No such file or directory
Creating a fstab...mkdir: /mnt/etc: Read-only file system
//install: cannot create/mnt/etc/fstab:directory nonexistent

What do I need to do ?

Also, am I suppose to unpack base10 files before running INSTALL?

Also, when I partition my hard drive with HDTools and I'm supposed to set
DOSTypes, it calls for a path to a file system...what file system?,,,where?

David Simpson