Subject: Re: virtual consoles
To: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
From: Tim Walls <tjw1@doc.ic.ac.uk>
List: amiga
Date: 02/20/1995 16:16:22
>On Feb 20,  1:21am, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
>> I have been working on a machine which has FreeBSD installed on
>> it and I found the virtual consoles quite useful ( e.g. writing
>> a program whilest having the corresponding man-page on the other
>> virtual console :-) ).
>
> How about using 'screen' ?

Actually, its a good question - the terminal emulation on
NetBSD-i386 is greatly superior to the Amiga version (including
virtual terminals).

Would it be too hard to configure multiple ttye's on multiple
_views_, and include some system-wide (ie. before tty gets the
input) hotkey for changing views?

Cheerio...

--
 __ //||/  Tim Walls/TJay            EMail                 tjw1@doc.ic.ac.uk