Subject: Re: rebooting problems
To: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
From: Eduardo E. Horvath eeh@btr.com <eeh@btr.btr.com>
List: amiga
Date: 02/10/1995 09:13:09
On Fri, 10 Feb 1995, Niklas Hallqvist wrote:

> binpatch -l -s _sbic_inhibit_sync -r 1 netbsd
>

> I guess, maybe we should have this default again chopps?  Or maybe
> someone with time can debug what their disks do wrong?

I already did this, which is where I got the patch I added to sbic.c.
Since the sync negotiation bug seems to happen on Quantum drives, I
assumed (incorrectly, it seems) that this patch would fix everybody's
problem.  It certainly fixed mine.

I'm willing to work with anyone who is still experiencing problems with
sync negotiation to determine the cause (or if you send me your drive,
I'm willing to do it myself (no guarantees you'll get your drive back,
though)).

I really want to get this sync negotiation problem behind us, because I
have one drive that doesn't like sync, and one drive that insists on it.

Eduardo