Subject: getting to -current
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <mduponch@cisco.com>
List: amiga
Date: 02/10/1995 10:23:03
Hello once more,

I *continue* to try to become -current. Sorry about my bootstrap
phase.  Once it is over I will, let's hope, be more useful ...

Thanks for everybody who helped me so far.

My situation is as follows:

I can compile and install everything but I have a problem with binaries
that use shared libraries (e.g. getpid() is wrong).

Somebody (thanks) suggested I built a newer ld.so (which I did) but
that gives me plenty core dumps at boot time (scary...).

I continue to believe I missed some fundamantal clue concerning shared
libraries.  Maybe I have some .h file which is wrong (and which gives
wrong offsets or something).

I know there is somewhere a .h file describing the interface to system
calls (but I don't know which one). Maybe I have a wrong interface ...

Thanks again : I *will* get there !

 Greetings,

-- marc.                  \|||/
                          (o o)
+----------------------ooO-(.)-Ooo----------------------------------------+
|                                       |  Cisco Systems Belgium NV/SA    |
|         |          |                  |  Complex Antares                |
|        |||        |||                 |  71, Avenue des Pleiades        |
|       |||||      |||||                |  B-1200 Brussels                |
|                                       |  BELGIUM EUROPE                 |
|      Brussels MIS Team                | alias:  brussels-mis@cisco.com  |
|       Marc Duponcheel                 | v-mail:    +32 2 778 42 40      |
|         MIS analyst                   | e-mail: mduponch@cisco.com      |