Subject: Re: Spectrum & Kernal problems
To: Wes Hardaker <hardaker@ece.ucdavis.edu>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga
Date: 02/07/1995 13:11:14
On Feb 5, 10:45am, Wes Hardaker wrote:
> However, when I built the kernal and cp'ed it to /dev/reload, it syncs
> the disks and then the monitor goes black (and never recovers).  Note
> that I have NOT yet modified the monitor specs in the code.  I can at
> least boot from the distributed spectrum kernal (its just X that syncs wrong),
> so I know its possible to build it like I have set.

 Yes, this is very probable. This always happens if the new kernel differs
much from the running kernel.

> Anyway, my next problem is how to get the required numbers to stick in the
> monitors structure.  The comments in the code reference a program called
> 'DefineMonitor', but I have no idea where this program is (or even if its
> a NetBSD vs AmigaOS program).

 Hm, I guess I really should rewrite the grf_cl.c froms cratch, too much
stuff from grf_rt.c in it. DefineMonitor is for Retina. I will add comments
to the monitor specs in a next release.

--
Markus Illenseer