Subject: Newbie problems!
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ronald J. Menelli <rmenelli@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 02/06/1995 23:00:39
Hi all,

I just installed NetBSD on my A3000T, and I'm already having a little problem.
I followed the installation instructions, and even consulted the FAQ, but to
no avail. The problem is that, when I boot NetBSD from the Amiga side, the
machine is not recognized as an A3000, but rather a 500/2000 type machine.
The Zorro-3 bus is not found, and neither is my hard drive controller, so the
system complains about 'no suitable root partition' or something like that.
When I boot from the boot floppy, the machine is recognized as an A3000 and
boots correctly.

This is my system configuration
A3000T, Warp Engine 3028
2MB chip, 16MB fast (on warp)
Quantum 1080 on Warp SCSI controller
Spectrum board
GoldenGate II board
AmigaDOS 3.1 ROMs
NetBSD 1.0 official release

Any suggestions? I'd rather not boot from the floppy every time if I can help
it.

Thanks
-Ron Menelli
menelli@uiuc.edu