Subject: Spectrum & Kernal problems: new ones!
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Wes Hardaker <hardaker@ece.ucdavis.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 02/05/1995 13:11:58
Thanks to the help of Michael L. Hitch, I successfully rebooted my machine
into unix (by using loadbsd from the amiga side instead).

Note to the FAQ maintainer:  In the instructions for building the kernal,
it states that you should cp the new kernal to /dev/reload to reboot.  This
does not always work if there are changes to locore.s (IE, removing the
MultiFace support or the Zeus SCSI will do this; and this is what I did).

(the above info is from Michael, not me [tanx]).

New problem:  Upon booting I now get the following messages:
grf_cl:  registers not found
grfcl0 at zthreebus0 rom 0x40000000 man/pro 2193/1 not configured.

If I boot with the distributed cirus kernal, I get the regular messages
and it attaches the grfcl0 device to Spectrum II (or whatever).

Any ideas?

One more question:  I know I read somewhere that there is a 'terminal' type
program for tty00 (ie, a modem).  I have no idea where I read that before
and what its called (its not in the FAQ).  I'm tired of having to reboot
to the amiga side to download/what-have-you.

Thanks again in advance,
Wes

(Still haven't found the DefineMonitor command either)