Subject: Spectrum & Kernal problems
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Wes Hardaker <hardaker@ece.ucdavis.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 02/05/1995 10:45:11
I have the Spectrum 1.0 kernal, but I need to rebuild it since the
frequencies compiled in the kernal don't match what my monitor can handle.
I've put all the kernal code together, including the 'cirus' files which
handle the spectrum board.

However, when I built the kernal and cp'ed it to /dev/reload, it syncs
the disks and then the monitor goes black (and never recovers).  Note
that I have NOT yet modified the monitor specs in the code.  I can at
least boot from the distributed spectrum kernal (its just X that syncs wrong),
so I know its possible to build it like I have set.

Anyway, my next problem is how to get the required numbers to stick in the
monitors structure.  The comments in the code reference a program called
'DefineMonitor', but I have no idea where this program is (or even if its
a NetBSD vs AmigaOS program).

Thanks for any help/suggestions on the above problems,
NetBSD: 1.0
Amiga:  3000/EGS Spectrum
                                                                _____
                                                               / ___ \
Wes Hardaker                                                  / /   \/
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering            \--/     /\
University of California at Davis        __________________   \/     /--\
Davis CA  95616                         /     Recycle      \    /\___/ /
(hardaker@ece.ucdavis.edu)             / It's not too late! \   \_____/