Subject: Re: FPUs and Building on AmigaDOS
To: None <streible@landmark.net>
From: David Jones <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 01/30/1995 14:52:13
>         1. Not having delved into the internals of the OS, I'm curious just
>            what portions require an FPU?  I know the requirement currently

No good.  The FPU is used by user-level binaries.

If you want to write a line 1111 emulator to handle the FP instructions... :-)

>         2. Is it possible to build NetBSD from AmigaDOS using GCC, et al?

Difficult.  Markus Wild did this at first.  However, his tools required
a version of ixemul.library that was not distributed in general.
Contrary to whatever he might say about availability of sources, I found it
difficult to reconstruct his development environment.  It's far easier
to compile on NetBSD.

--
David Jones, M.A.Sc student, Electronics Group (VLSI), University of Toronto
           email: dej@eecg.toronto.edu, finger for PGP public key