Subject: Re: color X11R6 ECS
To: Alan Kelm <kelm@aix1.uottawa.ca>
From: None <mw@eunet.ch>
List: amiga
Date: 01/26/1995 22:43:57
> But you can get an ECS color server under X11R6.  I picked one up in
> December from ftp.uni-regensburg.de.  It was called Xamiga24,  and it
> did fine as a color server under X11R6 on my ECS A3000.  I only managed to
> use it when logged in as super-user,  but it worked fine.

*WHAT* ?? Xamiga24 is my baby, and I certainly didn't implement any color
support for /dev/grf0... Are you sure you weren't confused by either
a) the console cursor still being displayed, because it's on the second,
   not used plane
or
b) perhaps using one of the ecs-servers because you didn't re-link /usr/bin/X
   to Xamiga24?

-Markus
--
EUnet Switzerland   Tel:     +41 1 291 45 80	Markus Wild
Zweierstrasse 35    Hotline: +41 1 291 45 60	mw@eunet.ch