Subject: Re: AAARGH you people
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@muikku.jmp.fi>
From: Bartholomew Niswonger <bniswong@midway.uchicago.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 01/24/1995 11:34:42
I too used to get crashes from virtual memory exhausted, sometimes
jumping into the debugger, sometimes locking unable to get into the
debugger.  This was when I had a stock 4000/040 w/ 4F/2C ram and 25
meg swap.  I would start X just to play, and if I did anything else
(like move the mouse sometimes) down she went.  Now that I have 12meg
fast my machine is stable, granted the load is very low, but its been
up and running for 3 weeks now, with no noticable problem.

just my 2 cents

later

bart niswonger

   My PGP   | One day he found, topped with a smutty grin,   |	from:
   public   | The small corpse of a monkey, partly eaten.    |	 Anthony Hecht
    key     | Force of the sun had split the bluish skin,    |
  opinion   | Which, by their questioning and entering in,   |	 Alceste in the

           finger me: bniswong@kimbark.uchicago.edu for the rest.