Subject: NTSC/PAL in Kernel Config
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stephen Champion <steve@eth217.hampshire.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 01/21/1995 19:33:48
	I was wondering about how the selection of NTSC/PAL in the kernel
config works on the ECS console.  At the moment, I'm been running a kernel
with both defined, and am getting an NTSC console.  I have the NTSC/PAL jumper
on my A3000 motherboard set to NTSC.
	If I were to remove the NTSC console option from my kernel, would I then
get a PAL kernel, or would I get nothing at all?  IE, does NetBSD make it's
console decision from hardware information, or software.
	I'd prefer to default to a PAL console, but have never felt the need to
set the jumper to PAL since I can usually have software make the change.  I'm
also in the mood to remove everthing extraneous from my kernel :^)

--
//  Stephen Champion                   Amiga 3000/25    NetBSD 1.0
//  schampion@hampshire.edu            Binary Arithmetic Student