Subject: Re: NetBSD on Aminet?
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
List: amiga
Date: 01/20/1995 07:58:36
> Ah, c'mon. I don't know what you don't like about Urban's Aminet-CDs.  (No,
> no  flamewar  about  Aminet!)  We  *do*  need  NetBSD on CD. There are many
> Lin*x-CDs for the PC with hundreds of precompiled  utilities.  There  isn't
> even  a  single  Un*x-CD  for  the  Amiga. Sure, it would be best to have a
> ready-to-run CD-distribution,  but  even  a  distribution  via  Aminet  and
> Aminet-CDs  would  be better than having to FTP some forty MBytes. Unix ist
> fuer alle da.

(For our english-speaking friends: the last sentence reads "Unix is for
everyone").

Right, and why not keep it as free as possible? Why should one earn money with
something he doesn't do anything for? I also put quite some work into the ftp
archive here, and if people stick to the rules in the README, it's perfectly OK
for me to mirror this site here *withoug paying any fee*.

Hubert

--
      Weekdays: Rennerstr. 19, D-93053 Regensburg, Tel. 0941/943-2455