Subject: Re: NetBSD on Aminet?
To: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Fred Fish <fnf@amigalib.com>
List: amiga
Date: 01/19/1995 12:12:12
> > How about you (markus and hubert) volunteer to provide support at a
> > rate of, say, $50 per hour, and require that any distribution with a paid
> > medium (Aminet, for instance) require that full notice be given that support
> > for this work is not* free, et al...?
>
> Nice idea, and how do you want to account for the time, i.e. how do we make
> sure I was at the phone for a certain time and not longer or less? Only the one
> who called me and I 'd know this, and I don't think Urban will believe what I
> claim to spend on support.

I don't think it was suggested that Urban reimburse you for support time,
rather that anyone that wants support can call you and pay you $50
per hour directly.

This may not be as far fetched as you might think.  The company I work
for (Cygnus Support) provides commercial support for free software,
mostly GNU code.  This is a 50+ person company with a higher than
average ratio of engineers to management.  If there is really that
much demand for support for NetBSD, then start a company to sell
support commercially.

-Fred