Subject: Re: Graphics boards
To: H}kan Th|rngren <hth@iar.se>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <lilly!hotdog.ping.de!wulf@life.ai.mit.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 01/19/1995 00:12:28
H}kan Th|rngren writes:

> I want a non-interlaced display of 1152x950 (or whatever the SUN-resolution
> is), 256 colours and ~70Hz update freq or better.
>
> >From what I understand, there are 4 alternatives:
>
> 1. Picasso II (or Spectrum or Piccolo) using a Cirrus chip.
>    They fit into my specification?
>
> 2. Retina Z2.  The most likely board to be found on the second hand market.
>    Can it do 1152x900 non-interlaced?   How is it compared  to a Cirrus
>    board?  Is it slow?  (There must be a reason why they made Retina Z3)

Yes it can do 1152x900 non-interlaced. As a matter of fact I am running it
now at a refresh rate of 70Hz. But this is only possible when it contains the
tuning kit ROMi (~100MHz Videobandwith).

cheerio Berndt
--
Mail	: Berndt Josef Wulf, Am Dorfring 16, 57462 Olpe, Germany
E-Mail	: wulf@hotdog.ping.de