Subject: can't re-mount root, solved
To: NetBSD-Amiga <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tero Manninen <nix@stekt.oulu.fi>
List: amiga
Date: 01/17/1995 23:54:31
Hi,

A few days ago I asked why I can't remount my 1.0 root partition
to get it writable. Well, the reason was quite simple:

The /dev directory *sd* files were incorrect :-/

It was my fault since I copied the scsi device files from 0.9a
devs directory. The reason to that instead of "MAKEDEV all" was
that under 0.9a /bin/expr dumped core while trying to make the
device nodes. Well, in 0.9a minor device numbering was 0 to 7
for one scsi id, in 1.0 it is 0 to 15 !!!

So, the mystery is now solved :-)

BTW, the old dostype (BSDR,BSDS,BSDD,BSDE,...) support
doesn't work perfectly. The 1.0 looses the partition
order information when converting all BSDD,BSDE,etc.
types to plain NBU\7 :-(

++Tero