Subject: Re: bootstrap?
To: None <hamish@border.ocunix.on.ca, seebs@intran.xerox.com>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl>
List: amiga
Date: 01/12/1995 15:51:08
> If the "FLAT" handler worked properly, I could just untar right off of
> "flat:dhx".

I have written (years ago, already) something called RDF:. Wonder where
the R prefix comes from...

Unlike FLAT: (as far as I remember, and I think I couldn't get it working
properly either), you specify some Exec device and unit either in the
mountlist (and depending on which version of Mount you have, this info
may actually be used, too (1):), or as part of a file name, such as
RDF:/dtrackdisk.device/u3. There are more options such as starting offset,
size, etc. It should work for any trackdisk-similar device.

I presume it is/has been available on Aminet, and I think on a Fish disk
too. Perhaps I should upload a newer version; I discovered that the
A4000's scsi.device does disclaim any knowledge of the ETD_READ command
so I changed it to use CMD_READ instead.

Note 1: some versions need to use the Handler keyword, others FileSystem,
yet others EHandler. Some also require additional (unused by RDF) keywords
to be present.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert    rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl         What's the use of
\X/  racism if you can't even see if a person belongs to your abhorred kind?