Subject: Trapping CTRL-AMIGA-AMIGA
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tim Walls <tjw1@doc.ic.ac.uk>
List: amiga
Date: 01/10/1995 10:20:55
Hiya;  a quick question thats been bothering me for a while
now (along with a screen blanker, but I figured that would be
reasonably easy to write using Views)...

  Is it possible to trap the CTRL-AMIGA-AMIGA reset
  sequence, to (at least) sync the disks before it reboots,
  better yet do a full "shutdown now" a la Linux?

My memory of the Miggy reset hardware is somewhatr sketchy,
and I seem to remember something about only having about 10ms
to respond to the reset sequence before the hardware does a
full reset anyway which may make this impossible, but I figured
I may as well ask;  its something which may at least
help new users not kill their machines.

(Incidentall, for all I know, it may already do so - I've
never actually tried the experiment ;-)

Cheers, Tim.

--
 __ //||/  Tim Walls/TJay            EMail                 tjw1@doc.ic.ac.uk