Subject: Re: bootstrap?
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <>
List: amiga
Date: 01/10/1995 16:49:38
Hi Darren,

> > This just means that the AMiga boots into ADOS first.
> > If you made a floppy with the only file on it s:startup-sequence
> > (+ necessary libs) which contains "loadbsd -a :netbsd" then
> > it wouldn't be far from autobooting.
> I've seen many demo's takeover the amiga using custom bootblocks (as
> well as many commercial games).  Why isn't this done ?
> Also, what about the Amiga 1000 where you could write a custom kickstart ?
> Darren

Why would you want a custom bootblock? That still requires ADOS to boot
then load the kernal.

NetBSD is effectively a kickstart file. It may be feasible to
make the netbsd kernal look like an A3000 superkickstart file
but why?

James Burton                                    |
EMail:                | Latrobe University
WWW  :    | Melbourne, Australia