Subject: Programming
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <SULEWSKIJ@delphi.com>
List: amiga
Date: 01/07/1995 00:51:25
I don't know if this is the right mailling list or not, if not can
somebody point me to the right one?  But I have a question about config
files and fopen.  I am currently writing a program in xview and I wish
to look at the users home directory namely:
cd ~

my fopen command crashes with this line,
input=fopen("~/.quickconfig","r");

ktrace reports that it can't find the file ~/.quickconfig however, when
I do a:
man ~/.quickconfig
I can read the file.  Does anybody know why this is happening? Thanks
for any reply.  :)
Joe Sulewski

ps.  Does anybody know of a good substitute for getty, being that I
can't get getty to work?