Subject: GDB problems
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG, amiga-dev@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Jones <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 01/05/1995 11:26:17
If you picked up the new GDB binary, you may still have problems.

"no such process" messages from GDB when tracing a program are due to a
bug in the kernel.  Chopps has already committed the patch I sent in.
This should be available by sup shortly.

If you really can't wait, then apply the following to
/sys/miscfs/procfs/procfs_mem.c:

*** procfs_mem.c        Wed Jan  4 20:54:05 1995
--- /local/src/sys.941204/miscfs/procfs/procfs_mem.c    Wed Jun 29 06:29:57 1994***************
*** 158,168 ****
                }

                /* Find space in kernel_map for the page we're interested in */
!               if (!error) {
!                       kva = 0;
                        error = vm_map_find(kernel_map, object, off, &kva,
                                        PAGE_SIZE, 1);

                if (!error) {
                        /*
--- 158,166 ----
                }

--
David Jones, M.A.Sc student, Electronics Group (VLSI), University of Toronto
           email: dej@eecg.toronto.edu, finger for PGP public key